Friday, March 5, 2010

Rags




I been slowing trying to wean my family off paper towels. We have a stash of old cloth diapers that we use but there are days when we whip through them in no time. I really didn't want to go out and buy new towels just to use as rags. A few weeks back my husband cleaned out his t-shirt drawer and he had a very large pile of t-shirts that either were stained or just didn't fit right. I am donating the ones that aren't stained and I cut up the stained ones to use as rags. I cut off the neck opening and sleeves and then cut each shirt in half. I donated the scraps to an agency that I know recycles rags. I now have a new stash of rags to use and I didn't have to spend a dime.
For more frugal ideas, check out Life As Mom.


2 comments:

  1. good idea, my husband has to go through his tshirt drawer too! Might just do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever!~ Yep, we do this too. We have a bucket of his old T-shirts, baby diapers, etc. that we use for rags!

    Blessings,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete